Monday 12 March 2012

Coulsdon College animation


This is my first attempt at at a stop motion animation. And I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I used a 'screen toast'  typography technique to make the titles at the beginning and the end. This is where you type a letter and take a screen grab after each letter you type. When put together the word looks like its been typed. I really like this technique as i think it looks really quirky and fun. I wanted my animation to be based around quite a creative theme. The animation features me laying down the letters spelling out 'Coulsdon College'. I then drew little illustrations round the edge and acted them out. I wanted to act them out because i wanted to take my animation one step further then just drawing them. For example i drew a picture of musical notes then put on headphones like i was listening to music. I also drew a picture of a book and pretended to read. I think this made my animation quite different and quirky. I think my animating skills in general are okay but i think the main thing i have learnt from this is the more pictures the better, because it makes the animation smoother. Also i think some of the pictures are a bit blurry and so its less clear so next time i make a stop motion animation i might consider using a tripod to help keep the pictures clear and smooth. I also added a soundtrack to my animation to make it more fun. I selected 'sweet disposition' by the temper trap because it quite light and happy and this is the mood i wanted to get across to my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment