Monday 26 March 2012

Jamie Beck - Animated GIF

This is an example of an animated GIF made by fashion photographer Jamie Beck. She refers to these images as 'cinemagraphs'. 

When I first saw this image I thought that is exactly what it was. Just a photograph. I turned away and out of the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw the picture move. After looking at it again I saw the moving reflection of the yellow taxi cab in the window. This one motion adds a vibrancy to the image. It takes the picture to a new, in depth level and tells the audience a story. The picture its self without the taxi looks to me quite a peaceful but lonely place. But with the slight animation of the taxi passing it makes me think that maybe there is more going on at this place than a photo alone can tell us.

The colours in this cinemagraph are enchanting. I really like the dark windows with the fairy lights as it looks like a magical atmosphere. Then the taxi just infuses a little burst of colour that fits perfectly with the image. 

I just love this animation style, especially the work of Jamie Beck because of the elegant way it has been animated. Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment